Sunday 27 September 2015

Mental health

For the project I need colours to represent emotions to save me having to introduce everyone with a name and such. I specifically need two main emotion, Depression and Anxiety, and then have them combine. So I started to look for emotions in general and got a lot of vague or not very useful images or information, and images that contradicted each other.



After a little more digging I found exactly what I wanted/needed and images grabbed some other images that I felt were helpful and combined them to get the jist of which colour goes to which emotion.







This website below is the same as the image above however it is interactive and is more accurate with the colours. I left it here for my references so I knew where it was when I needed it. 

http://www.do2learn.com/organizationtools/EmotionsColorWheel/index.htm


I even looked at other art pieces for mental health and found a frequent theme through-out them all: 
1. the colourful theme
2. the clustered theme
3. the silhouette theme


 


Each of these themes, with out even knowing until now, are all in my idea at some point. Seeing that these are very recognized themes in this area of art, I feel as if I've ticked the boxes with even thinking about it, also since I've experienced mental health problems that these aspects of the specific art bares truth to how may feel.




No comments:

Post a Comment